The inside of the box was covered in red flocked paper. Yuck! I should have taken a picture of it but didn't. I glued this vintage marbled paper inside to carry the antique look I was going for. I found these papers on the street along with covers for an old dictionary. The covers I used to make a journal that I showed in a previous post.
Next I glued this wonderful sheer fabric with roses to the outside on two sides. It used to part part of a blouse. I wanted to cover the plastic and integrate the outside with the inside more.
I have all these vintage sewing notions that I've been wanting to use in a piece and this was the perfect opportunity. The small card on the right holds woman's garters. The larger card on the left holds hooks and eyes and has beautiful text. I made the spiral from a bit of cloth covered copper wire that was fraying and hung it from the top of the box with some waxed linen.
A numerical table got glued to the back wall and an old green tape measure is down on the bottom.
I think I'll call it Sewing Box