Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Patterned paper







I made these patterned papers and foam stamps after taking a class with Ann Kronenberg in NYC. Ann is an incredibly talented teacher whose knowledge, generous samples and artwork are truly inspiring. I in turn taught the technique to my two collage classes and they loved it as well. Now, will I be able to cut them up to use in collage? They are so rich and beautiful as is that I hate to cut them apart but eventually I will. Over the holiday weekend I plan to make some more and possibly work a few into some artwork. I'll post pictures soon.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and have a safe trip if you are traveling.
All art work copyright 2008 Liz Curtin and may not be copied or used without the artist's permission. Thank you.



2 comments:

Mary said...

Heh Liz!

Beautiful paper! Adam was here a few minutes ago asking me about all the works you brought last summer. See you have a fan from Iowa as well! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Cool patterns! Cut up the papers! You can always make some more. I have the same question about my fabrics. But if we do not use them in our life time they will go to the landfill!!!
Love you blog! I am glad you took the plunge. I might have to follow you as you swim in the blog ocean.
Benedicte