Thursday, December 3, 2009

Flow of Grace

detail

Flow of Grace was one of those pieces that came together almost effortlessly about two weeks before my last show opened in mid September. The day I gave my artist's talk in October, it sold and happy though I am about that I feel a little hole in my heart for this piece that I never got to live with. The title, Flow of Grace, was taken from a CD by Krishna Das that I love. I just loved the title and the way it made me feel. I need more flow of grace in my life and as soon as I finished this piece I knew that would be the title. So thank you Krishna Das for the title and your beautiful music. I recently got to experience him in concert in NYC and it was incredible and the music profoundly moving. I will be taking a workshop with him and Sharon Salzberg in January. Can't wait for that.

No comments: